Collection of Information: We aim to collect, use and disclose only such information as is required to enable us to manage your account, to provide the Services, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your inquiries or provide feedback, for identification and authentication purposes and for service improvement. We will maintain the confidentiality of any contact information you provide to us on signing up for our Services or contacting us with questions or for further information and we will use it only for the purposes for which we have collected it (subject to the exclusions and disclosures we have listed below), unless you agree that we may disclose it to other third parties.
"Personal Information" is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, birth date and gender. At the time of collection, we will clearly identify the information being collected and the purposes for which it will be used. It is always your choice whether or not to provide Personal Information but if you choose not to provide certain requested Personal Information, in some instances you may not be able to register to use the Website or Services or be able to access and use the Website or Services at all. In other instances, your choice not to provide certain other Personal Information may mean that you will not be able to use certain features of the Website or Services. We may collect Personal Information in respect of the Website or Services through registration processes; communications with you; information downloads; service use; purchases; user support; and surveys.
"Non-Personal Information" is information of an anonymous nature, such as an Internet Protocol Address (IP Address), the domain used to access the Website or Services, and the type and version of browser or operating system being used by visitors to access the Website or Services. Aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical location of our users), number of visitors, what pages users access or visit, and average time spent on the Website or Services is not considered Personal Information. Similarly, business contact information such as the name, title, business address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information.
Use of Information: We collect information for the following purposes:
- Subscription Services: In order to subscribe for our Services, you must provide certain Personal Information to us such as your username, full name, phone number, email address and credit card information. We will use this information to create and manage your account and to perform billing.
- Secure Messaging: If you subscribe to our secure messaging service, you will be able to send anonymous text messages from your mobile phone. An anonymous phone number will be issued to you, and this number will be displayed on the recipient’s end to mask your real phone number when you send a message using the service. When you use our secure messaging service, we will store information including the recipient’s phone number, the content of your message (including any photos, videos or links), and the time and date of your message, and we will combine this information with your account information. If you delete your messages, we will maintain a copy of such messages for archival purposes for a period of one year, after which we will permanently delete such messages.
- Privacy Phone Calls and Voice Mails: If you subscribe to our privacy phone call service, you will be able to make anonymous phone calls from your landline or mobile phone. An anonymous phone number will be issued to you, and this number will be displayed on the recipient’s end to mask your real phone number when you make a call using the service. When you use our privacy phone call service, we will store information including the recipient’s phone number, the time, date and length of the call, and the recording of the voice mail (if applicable), and we will combine this information with your account information. If you delete your voice mails, we will maintain a copy of such voice mails for archival purposes for a period of one year, after which we will permanently delete such voice mails.
- Anonymous Emailing: If you subscribe to our anonymous email service, you will be able to send anonymous email messages from your real email account. When you send and respond to emails using our service, we will mask your real email address with an alternate email address that will be visible to the recipient. When you send an email message using our service, we will store information including the recipient’s email address, the time and date that your email message is sent or received, and the content of the message. We will also combine this information with your account information. If you delete your email messages, we will maintain a copy of such email messages for archival purposes for a period of one year, after which we will permanently delete such email messages.
- Blocked Numbers: When you receive an inbound call we will automatically cross-reference the caller ID with our database of blocked numbers, which have been identified as being used by telemarketers and fraudsters. If the inbound call is coming from a number on the blacklist contained in our database then we automatically block the call from being transmitted to your phone. We will store a copy of the phone numbers from which you receive inbound calls for a period of one year, after which we will permanently delete such phone numbers from our records.
- Request a Demo/Contact Us: If you request a demo or use the Contact Us form on our Website, we will ask you to provide us with your name, email address, the subject and your message. We will use this information to field your request and contact you to provide you with further information.
- Marketing Communications: We will communicate with you using the email address you have provided to us in order to keep you up to date on our products and services. You may withdraw your consent to receiving such communications from us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in each communication. If you are located in a jurisdiction that requires opt-in consent for such communications, we will only send you such communications if you have opted-in to receive them.
- Statistics: We also collect statistics about use of the Services, which we use for analytics including predictive analytics. Aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to other members or third parties.
Your IP address is reported by your web browser whenever you visit a page on the Website. This information is recorded together with your registration information on our databases.
- Third-Party Links: The Website may contain links to other third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by us. Such third-party websites are governed by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such third-party providers and we are not involved in any interaction or transaction between you and such third-parties.
From time to time we may employ third parties to help us improve the Website and/or the Services. These third parties may have limited access to databases of user information solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the Website and/or the Services and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our members for any other purpose.
Important Exceptions: We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other Website members, other users of the Services, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
Security: The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
In certain areas, such as when you provide credit card or other payment information to us, the Website works to help protect the security of your credit card and other payment information during transmission by using industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your email account information or your password for the Services to third parties.
Access and Accuracy: You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
Contact Us: You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of address or telephone number. If you would like to access your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us at: privacy@Privatis.com.
Last Updated: June 23, 2015